« Home | Panel: Bush's Iraq policy 'not working' » | Boxer says no more environment rollbacks » | Alps said to be at warmest in centuries » | Crucial marine food chain link withers » | Audit says FEMA squandering Katrina aid » | Video Is a Window Into a Terror Suspect’s Isolation » | New York bans trans fats at restaurants » | Religious Texts and the Swearing-In Tradition » | Italy prosecutors want kidnap trial for CIA agents » | Livestock is a major threat to environment » 

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 

A Soldier's Story

This is a story I think everyone should read because it details the life of an advisor to the Iraqi military and it looks like we might be increasing the numbers of advisors. It makes me wonder if that plan will work. I would have to question whether our military currently has enough qulified military personel to pull it off.

A Soldier's Story
Major Bill Edmond
s


For just a minute or two, step into my life. I am an American soldier in the Army Special Forces. I have just returned from a one-year tour of duty in Iraq, where I lived, shared meals, slept and fought beside my Iraqi counterpart as we battled insurgents in the center of a thousand-year-old city. I am a conflicted man, and I want you to read the story of that experience as I lived it. In the interest of security, I have omitted some identifying details, but every word is true.

Read the entire article here.


Meet Your Meat